Umm, I do not really have any questions about this section because it is pretty much comparable to the book of Deuteronomy....Laws, rules, and regulations. Pretty dry stuff here. Well maybe I do have a question, though it may not be directly related to my previous paragraph. There seems to be a huge movement for learning and teaching with technology, and I am sure this has not just happened in the last year. When many teachers use technology effectively and more often than not, successfully, how are so many teachers using technology insufficiently or not at all? I wish I had a copy of this textbook to slam down on their desks. Powerpoint can be a great teaching tool if used correctly; I feel that ninety percent of the powerpoint based classes I have taken have incorrectly used technology. Cramming slides with more than three or four bulleted points just simple diverts attention from what the teacher is saying and rather leads it to a scribbling contest to write down every word before the next slide approaches. Technology is great and should be used in all classrooms; technology helps kids understand content in different ways. In my high-school, I used technology in a lot of my classes, but not all. I feel that all of the awesome and free applications found on the internet could have been extremely helpful in all of the classes which were stricken with dry erase and marker.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Chapter 2
For this chapter I decided to answer Describe the importance of strategic thinking as a skill for teaching subject matter and content with technology. The first part of a strategy is designing a plan of how you are going to use technology without losing time because of students being bored or confused with the technology. It is best to start out with a technology that is somewhat familiar to the students or that does not take much time to give a detailed instruction in which the students can maneuver functionally within the technology. The book also mentions the subject of diversity, through the examples of tornados. It is important for the students to understand the basis of the content before they engage in the technological application, unless the technology is being used to introduce and education the content itself. Most importantly the most successful strategies involve the preparation and regulation of student's time and experiences with technology.
Posted by Eric Crouch at 3:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment