I choose to answer this question: Identify the usefulness of scoring rubrics when assessing student learning in technology rich ways.
Rubrics are very important when incorporating technology in your lesson plans. The rubric must score knowledge of the technology and the content material which is being enhanced by the technology. From the highest level of achievement to the lowest, the scoring guides must be stated clearly; it is best to have examples so the students can visualize the rubric. As we talked about in the class, a written plan or script for the technological material is vital when making a multimedia project. Instead of just using words such as advanced, proficient, partially proficient, and not proficient, accompany an example of how these categories reflect the work they are designated to.
During my days in High school, I can really only remember making two movies. One was for a health class and the other for an English class, which I think I have discussed in my previous blogs. My English teacher, with the use of a rubric and examples, made her grading scale very clear to us. We had to turn in a script before we could begin production and I remember everything going fairly smoothly, as we had stuck to our script. Most students need more than just a few words to describe the proficiency of their projects, and adding examples and clarity to rubrics can solve this problem and help students score higher.
The only question I have about this section is: How are we as teachers to grade those students who have great quality but poor content while using technology to gain knowledge. Is a student to fail as though they had written a poor paper in impeccable handwriting? I guess that is probably something that needs to be assessed on the rubric.
0 comments:
Post a Comment